So I've finally decided to get my butt a tad bit more organized and get a commission journal done! So without further ado, herein lies all the info you need on commissioning me.
The prices listed here are for non-commercial commissions only. If you are interested in commercial commissions, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of what you need so I can send you a quote. Please be aware, however, that commercial commissions will be priced at considerably higher rates than the ones listed here.
COMMISSION RULES (EW!)
- As the prices listed here are for non-commercial commissions only, commissions are not to be used for profit of any kind. You may display the work as you please, so long as you do not claim it as your own or use it for monetary gain.
- I reserve the right to display the commissioned work in my deviantART gallery, Tumblr blog, Facebook page, and any other site that I please. If this is a problem of any sort, please do let me know before the commission process starts!
- I will not sketch/paint pornographic imagery of any kind. I will sketch/paint original characters, fan art, and basically anything and everything else character-related.
- I reserve the right to decline a commission request. I will only ever decline a request if I feel as though what you are requesting is realistically beyond my current capabilities.
- Payment is non-refundable. If you must terminate the commission at any point for whatever reason, please be aware that you will still have to pay for any amount of work I will have completed up to the point of termination. This will be based solely on my discretion, and is not an ideal situation (obviously!) so please be 100% sure you want to commission me before the process begins.
Portrait/Bust-up = ~$30.00 USD
Waist/Thighs-up = ~$42.50 USD
Full Body = ~$53.00 USD
Detailed Sketches: (I will work on getting an example of this up soontimes!)
Portrait/Bust-up = ~$46.00 USD
Waist/Thighs-up = ~$60.00 USD
Full Body = ~$74.50 USD
Portrait/Bust-up = ~$96.00 USD
Waist/Thighs-up = ~$185.00 USD
Full Body = ~$274.00 USD
The above prices are rough estimates only, purely based on what I would consider to be an average amount of detail with one character and a simple limited background. It can go higher or lower depending on the level of detail required. If you require a complex background, please be aware the price will go up anywhere from $30-$80+.
You may choose to pay the total amount up front or do a split payment. If you choose the split payment option, I will require 50% up front and 50% upon completion of the commission.
Payment will be through Paypal only. Unfortunately I can’t accept any other types of payment at this time.
Stage I: Sketch
Once I have received the first payment and I know exactly what you need for your commission, I will send you a sketch for your approval. During this stage, I will allow no more than two revisions. If there is something that is aching at you with the first sketch I send you, please let me know exactly what you need me to change and I will change it to the best of my ability. If after I send you this first revision, there is still something you are not quite fond of, once again let me know and I will make the necessary changes.
If revisions are required, please be as clear and concise as possible with what you need me to change as any revisions after the first two will result in a 10-20% increase in the total price due to the extra time I will have had to put into it.
Stage II: Painting
Once you are happy with the sketch, I will begin the painting process and continuously update you with my progress until the painting is completed. Once it is complete, I will send you a low-res preview image. If at this point, there is anything minor that you would like me to change, please do let me know! I will allow one revision during this stage, so once again, please be very clear with me on what you need me to change. I won’t change anything that could have been worked out in the sketching stage (poses, clothing design, or anything structural). However I will change anything non-structural, like minor changes in colour, lighting, etc.
As with the sketching stage, any major revisions that are required during this stage will result in a 10-20% increase in the total price of the commission.
Once the you are happy with the finished piece, I will send you the Photoshop file (PSD) plus a high resolution print file (TIF).
Stage III: Mailed Print (Optional)
For an additional $10 + shipping and printing fees, I will mail to you a hand-signed copy of the print. It will be the only signed copy in existence as I obviously don't plan on selling any commissioned work! If you are interested in this option, shoot me an email and I'll send you a quote.
Please do be as clear as possible with what you need for your commission in order to limit the amount of revisions required. I really would rather not have to do too many revisions, and I’m sure you would rather not have to pay extra for them either! So to save us both some time and frustration, please provide me with as much information and as many references as possible. This can include eye colour, hair colour, facial structure, body type, age, personality, whether or not your character has tattoos or piercings, how long or short his/her hair is, what colour his/her clothing is, clothing design, etc.
Really I just need as much information and reference images as you can possibly give me in order for me to have a very clear idea of what you are looking for. If you are not so picky with the end result and are willing to give me some creative freedom with your commission, that would be fantastic as well!
Once you have a clear idea of what you need, please either send me a note here on dA or an email at email@example.com with all the info on your commission request and the type of commission required (portrait, waist-up, full body, etc.)
Aaand that is all! I hope I didn't miss anything! Happy commissioning!